Who is it for?
The provision of appropriate Mental Health First Aid is a requirement for all employers and is just as important as physical First Aid. Studies have shown time and again, the importance of good mental health in the workplace, both for the sake of individual employees and for the fiscal health of the business in question. Therefore, we offer comprehensive Mental Health First Aid Training both in house and as open courses. These courses can be taught in person or online via Zoom*
*Please refer to current lockdown/Covid restrictions
The 2-day Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace Level 3 Course requires 14 hours of contact time. This can be done in two 7 hour sessions or four 3.5 hour sessions within an 8 week period.
There is a multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course.
When taught at your premises we require a minimum separation of 2 metres between candidates when seated. There are some group exercises where this separation can be reduced provided face masks are worn. There is no physical contact on these courses.
If joining a Zoom based course then you will need an appropriate device with sound and a camera. We would strongly recommend that a PC, laptop, iPad or similar is used rather than a smartphone.
2-day Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace Level 3
For in-house courses whether on-site or via Zoom: £1650.00 plus VAT for a maximum of 8 candidates. Each additional candidate costs £190.00 plus VAT. If split into 4 sessions then there is an additional charge of £300.00 plus VAT for the course
For open courses, we charge £245.00 plus VAT per person
If taught on-site within the London postcode area then there is an extra charge of £60 plus VAT per day or part-day.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally