Who is it for?
The provision of appropriate Mental Health First Aid is a requirement for all employers and is just as important as physical First Aid. Studies have shown time and again, the importance of good mental health in the workplace, both for the sake of individual employees and for the fiscal health of the business in question. Therefore, we offer comprehensive Mental Health First Aid Training both in house and as open courses. These courses can be taught in person or online via Zoom*
*Please refer to current lockdown/Covid restrictions
The 1-day Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace Level 2 Course requires 7 hours of contact time, which can be split into two 3.5 hour sessions within a 4 week period.
There is a multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course.
When taught at your premises we require a minimum separation of 2 metres between candidates when seated. There are some group exercises where this separation can be reduced provided face masks are worn. There is no physical contact on these courses.
If joining a Zoom based course then you will need an appropriate device with sound and a camera. We would strongly recommend that a PC, laptop, iPad or similar is used rather than a smartphone.
For an in-house course whether on-site or via Zoom: £1015.00 plus VAT for a maximum of 8 candidates. Each additional candidate is charged at £110.00 plus VAT. If spilt into 2 sessions then there is an additional charge of £175.00 plus VAT for the course
For open courses, we charge £145.00 plus VAT per person
If taught on-site within the London postcode area then there is an extra charge of £60.00 plus VAT per day or part day.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those associated with mental health in the workplace
- The legislation associated with mental health in the workplace
- Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Common mental health conditions including:
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Identifying key features within a mental health first aid at work action plan and listening techniques